Links to the podcast: Anchor, Spotify, Google, Apple.
Here are the show notes for my conversation with Steve Paolasini. Here’s a link to his facebook page if you’d like to reach out to him.
Update: the times are wrong! You’ve got to add 3 minutes to the times below to get the right time.
- 2:00 Steve’s protest against traffic tickets during COVID-19.
- HustleCo, Husam.
- Stopping drinking.
- The insecurity of being a contrarian.
- His new work in Immigration.
- Dropping out of a master’s degree.
- 13:00 Quitting your stable, secure engineering job to start a marketing job.
- 16:30 Steve’s first success as a marketer.
- 21:00 Being shut down by negative, critical, overbearing and nit-picky managers.
- 26:00 Trying to help your company and then being shut down for it.
- 30:00 Crazy immigration issues, LMIs (Labour Market Impact), entrepreneurs, flagpoles, the CBSA (these are immigration terms)
- 35:00 Arbitrary discrimination in the Canadian Immigration system – France and Hong Kong vs. Sub-Saharan African countries.
- 38:00 Standing in front of the car of Ahmed Hussein (a member of the Queen’s Privy Counsel aka the GOVERNMENT).
- 41:00 Steve’s proposed changes to Canadian Immigration Policy, and how it stopped a pair of Pakistani grandparents from witnessing the birth of their grandchild.
- 48:00 Flogging for beer drinking in Saudi Arabia
- 50:00 Anti-theism, atheism. He’s now spiritual/agnostic.
- 51:00 Legalizing marijuana.
- 53:00 – Trump and putting kids in cages.
- 54:00 – McGill alumni event, social ostracism at the event after defending Trump.
- 57:00 – Is Trump Hitler?
- 59:00 – Running against Stephen Harper in the 2015 election in Harper’s riding as the candidate for the Libertarian Party of Canada.
- 1:01:30 Steve demanding to see Stephen Harper’s ID.